I am about 1.5 hours into my day, have had my coffee and fiber 1, manicured my nails, watched a couple of Paddy Hirsch's clever white board renderings and financial crisis explanations on marketplace.com, found a recipe to make for a friend's birthday dinner this evening and created the accompanying grocery list (I am making homemade gnocchi with pesto), emailed my Investments professor, and created a working profile for this blog. I would deem this a relatively productive morning, though most would find insanity in my jumping out of bed in order to check things off my mental list of things to do and give myself a mental pat on the back.
This is my first blog. I was supposed to start one for my course on Consumerism, Culture and Marketing last module (or quarter of the school year), but I declared my entries too private and unpostable. (Ridiculous.) So I would call this a relatively novel experience, although every morning I tend to write my parents an email that describes in journal format my past accomplishments, future plans, and the thoughts and emotions in between. I tend to lean in the eternally optimistic direction, especially when writing to my parents, but my blogging promise is to be as unbiased as possible.
Before I progress with verbally unloading my mind onto this webpage, I figured my first entry should focus on an introduction. I am a 20 something MBA student, with a concentration on marketing and communications. I graduate in May and have yet to nail down a job. (This jobless status represents the majority or 65% of my class.) As my blog title conveys, I wake up between 5:00 and 5:30 AM every morning (6:00 AM on the weekends). I like to get a jump start on the day, watch the sunrise, and listen to the quiet repose of the world before it wakes. I tend to plan my days down to the minute detail. I am relentlessly pragmatic and have a hard time sitting in front of the television for more than 15 minutes for fear that I am wasting time. I am an UnderArmour sporting runner (the afterlife of a washed up varsity lacrosse player), a passionate and explorative cook and baker, an avid reader, a lover and supporter of the arts, a creative crafter and cartoonist, a hand-written letter writer (sent via parcel post), and an aspirational traveler as I don't have any money to travel right now. I am a thoughtful friend, girlfriend, sibling and daughter; deeply spiritually and emotionally driven; and in love with learning, reflecting, and conversing about new subject matter. The current "most fascinating" thing that I like to read about and discuss are investments and the current market conditions.
This will have to suffice as my first entry, because I have exactly 30 minutes to shower, get dressed, pack up, and bike to school before my 8:00 AM class.
Until tomorrow,
Lo
No comments:
Post a Comment