Wednesday, March 23, 2011
A Wordless Wednesday
Well ... Not really. I have to say a little something. (I'm just not wordless)
Meet Ellie.
This is actually the fourth Ellie that I've met and held close to my body. The first I lost in San Antonio; the second in Pittsburgh; and the third still holds a prominent place on my bed and in my arms every night as I fall asleep. With each loss of Ellie, came an exact replica - a little pink and white stuffed elephant. She (and Teddy) are vestiges, links to every part of my past as they have been there every step of the way.
I haven't lost my third Ellie, but on Monday night I got to meet the next generation - Ellie the 4th - Ellie Kathleen Warren.
She is perfect. And the past two nights in the hospital have been amazing. I don't want to say it, but Ellie Kathleen has just about blown my other Ellies out of the park. I mean she can even hold her head up by herself - something that my Ellie hasn't been able to do since the stuffing came out of her head 20 years ago. Holding her, looking into her face, hearing her breath and sweet cooing was awesome (with an emphasis on the awe.)
Ellie, I promise I will never lose you. And there is no replacing your sweet perfection. But Peter just because there is a new Ellie in town, doesn't mean that the old Ellie isn't moving in with me on September 3.
Lo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment