Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten 2013

Today, I tried to end the year in just the right place: with a clean house and a trip to Mass; by the stove and in front of the oven preparing a good meal; taking time for a run and making sure my work was done; sharing as much time as possible with my family; and reflecting - on yet another year that seemed like it could be deemed the best yet.

Sure - there was loss this year. And some heartbreaking, big ones. 
photo(5)
IMG_9022
IMG_0031
There were also some very tough moments. I honestly didn't think I would survive the first week back at work after maternity leave. There was stress and sleeplessness; fear and frustration. But mostly, this year can be categorized as nothing less than amazing. And I feel prouder than ever about what I produced on my blog this year. Probably because I constantly had an inspiring subject to write about: Mary and motherhood.

With that and after ample reminiscing, here is my top ten of 2013.  

10. Vacations to Sonoma and Martha's Vineyard
IMG_9713
IMG_9279
IMG_0810
IMG_0565
IMG_0469
087
6. Visits from friends and family and the meals we gathered around (there are too many articles to choose from.) 
IMG_9223
IMG_0329
IMG_9585
IMG_9783
IMG_9908
IMG_8915
IMG_8932
IMG_8949
IMG_8954
IMG_0350
IMG_9573
IMG_9084
5. Learning how to be a breastfeeding, rat racing, working mom. 
(There are no pictures of the time I spent in the mother's room at work this year.)

4. Bath time and one very special bath 
IMG_8704
IMG_8792
3. Finding out that I not only married the perfect husband for me, but the perfect daddy for Mary.
IMG_8303
IMG_8329
1. Mary.  

Erin, how am I doing? I'm blessed.
So blessed.

Lo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment