This will be brief. Basically, I was obsessed with how last night's dinner turned out and felt the need to share the images and recipe. The secrets - two ingredients that I had at one point sworn off.
1. Pork Chops. That entree that Meredith ordered along with a Miller Light when I took her to Alain Ducasse's MIX in Vegas in 2005. It came in a mini crock pot and out-performed all the rest of our entrees, leading me to believe that perhaps I should give the chop a chance.
2. Bacon Fat. Peter's go to 'it makes all food taste better' special sauce. The substance that is probably blocking my arteries as I type, but that seriously does do wonders.
The recipe - very (VERY) easy.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Buy thick cut pork chops - I got mine at Casey's in Naperville. Lean mean machines of protein.
Thinly slice an onion, chop three to four cloves of garlic.
Salt, pepper and sage the pork chops well. Cut a big slit in the pork chops creating a pocket. Stuff an onion slice in each as well as one clove of chopped garlic.
Brown chops on both sides in about 1 tablespoon of bacon fat. About four minutes per side.
Add about 3/4 cup of chicken stock and a 1/2 cup Grand Marnier. Bring to a boil. Surround chops with chiffonaded kale and the rest of the sliced onions and garlic. Cover the dutch oven and roast for 2 hours at 325 degrees.
Wait for it ...
Remove from the oven and serve with garlic mashed potatoes.
I'm telling you - if there was ever a New Year's good luck pork chop recipe, this is it.
To Tortolla.
Lo.
I'm in continuous awe of all the amazing culinary creations you and Peter prepare. And I have no idea where you find the time to do it on a regular basis!?
ReplyDelete