Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Anniversary Party

My Mom just sent me an email - subject line: The party is over.
It read something like this. The wedding dress and my wedding clothes went to the cleaners. It's gray and dreary here to match. Mom.

That was a sad one. Because yes, it is sad that the big wedding fete is over. It was an amazing day and I will forever remember every last detail and every last face that made it so special. However, because it is over, that fact creates a new set of parties - anniversary parties. And if I have anything to do with it, the parties will be fabulous and they will never end. And my Mom will always be invited.

Tonight Peter and I celebrate our one week anniversary - and for the record books, I've made it further than Brittany Spears and Zza Zza Gabor. So we're having a party here in Gay Paris, and I'm extending a little virtual invitation to my Mom, as we toast with Deutz - - the same champagne that Peter bought me when we got engaged a little over a year ago. Happy Anniversary to us and many thanks to all those that made getting seven days in possible.

By the way, the past 24 hours have been glorious.
Dining a la plage. Fantastique!
Off to dinner at Cristine. Love you Mom.

Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment